Friday, February 9, 2007

Day 13: Part 2


So we decided to have dinner eh. And of course Portland and Seattle being smaller cities, they had so many shops open and even their Chinatown is open for dinner. So we thought, why not go to Chinatown? We can check out the area and have something to eat and seeming how there is so many Hong Kong people around, there is bound to have something to eat. We got the map and walked down to Chinatown. There were a lot of homeless people around. A LOT. So we kept walking and we came past a few places selling Marijuana. There were groups of people hanging out these places. We kept walking thinking that 5 blocks of this kind of thing - how long can it last. Well we came to a group of 150 people. We were surrounded by people drugged out of their minds. I heard a few people wanting to take my jacket and I heard a few asking for money and more. Of course the Police came. Then drove off. Great, public safety in Vancouver. I was really disappointed. I really was looking forward to Vancouver on this trip and found out that America was not only safer but better. OK I know what you are thinking: I came to a bad area and shouldn’t judge it. OK, so after we ran away we tried to find a place to eat. There was nothing. I mean nothing. Nothing was open. Nothing. We walked to the CBD and found a Hong Kong Sushi bar. There was nothing open and so we had no choice. I had an Alaska Roll. Sounds great. Tasted bad. I actually had Alaska roll back in my hotel restaurant in Seattle. It was amazing. These guys in Vancouver used smoked salmon. Sorry but that isn’t Japanese. I also had a bento box with Tempura. The batter was beer batter. After a mouthful I was sick so I went to Tim Hortons for coffee and a donut. Can anything else get bad? Well the coffee was good. Aghhhhh!!!! OK Lets see if tomorrow is better. I gotta think positive.