Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 19: Ala Moana, Hilo Hattie and more


Today we awoke and decided to have breakfast at TGIF. I had the standard US breakfast, eggs, sausages, toast. All huge. I thought, I cant finish that. Then the Pancakes came. OMG!!! After that we decided to catch the free bus to Hilo Hattie. Its a bus that takes you to this store. Some people say its like a tourist trap (but their products are quite affordable). I wanted to catch the bus cause it went past Ala Moanna. We walked around and did some shopping. I had a Okonomiyake Burger. Its quite nice! In the evening we went to this place called L & L. Well the food was crap and their service was there to match. This girl gave us huge attitude. Maybe cause I’m white. She was Hawaiian and seemed to treat the Chinese (they were from Hong Kong) very good - and treat the white guy bad. I said to her: Here's for your hard work. I gave her a penny.